Friday, March 8, 2013

Learning by Accident

As I mentioned in the last post, we are definitely seeing Abby's personality develop.  It's so fun to see her figure new things out.  We don't always know if achieving these "developmental milestones" are an accident or not, but I figure they probably all start out as accidental, then a baby realizes, "Hey, that's something I can do!" Abby's been working on a few.

Smiling

You've seen the pictures.  Abby's been smiling like a champ for weeks, and her smiles just get better and better.  She's such a charmer.


And, in case you missed the video on Facebook:




Tummy Time

We got this spiffy little tummy time mat at the WeeCycle Consignment Sale  the other weekend, and Abby actually seems to enjoy tummy time on it.  There's a mirror, too, and she loves looking at the baby in the floor.  So, I don't know if it's her age or the mat, but at least she's getting to enjoy some tummy time.



Reaching for Things

This may have been an accident, but last week, while sitting in her rocker, she reached up and touched the toys dangling from it.  Ok, it may be more that she was flailing about and happened to touch them.  She did it more than once, though.




To be honest, she hasn''t been successful with this since, but she continues to reach!

Talking

Abby has become a little Chatty Cathy!  We have full on babbling conversations.  The thing is, she gets shy as soon as I start videoing her.  I did catch her cooing a bit while playing on her new play mat.  She loves talking to the baby in the mirror!




Thumb Sucking

This also has only happened once, so it might have been an accident.   I have mixed feelings about the thumb sucking - I sucked my thumb for a LONG time - until I was six - and had to have a head gear, braces, the whole shebang.  But at her age, it IS developmentally appropriate - not to mention, freaking cute.  :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?