Monday, March 14, 2011

Pasta with Butternut Squash and Goat Cheese

Tonight, per our friend Jeff's suggestion, we tried Giada De Laurentiis' Penne with Butternut Squash and Goat Cheese.  Only, ours was rotini with all of that stuff, because we didn't have any penne.  I am also embarrassed to admit that I had to use dried basil instead of fresh, because I was too lazy to stop and pick up fresh.  Despite this, it was still delicious - I can only imagine how much better it would be if I had used the fresh basil.

You can see how fast Kevin is scooping that up!

It was relatively easy to make, just a little time consuming because of the time it takes to roast the squash.  Next time, I might try roasting the squash and onions on Sunday, so I could just heat them and stir them in.

Squash and onions, ready to roast!
You'll notice that I said "next time," because this recipe is now on Kevin's "Favorites" List for Meatless Monday.

The recipe predicts 6 servings, and we found that it made 6 quite generous servings.  Jeff assures this that this will be a tasty lunch for many days, so we will let you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?